Saturday, October 13, 2012

Welcome Home!

As many of you know, my dear husband and I have been apart for a number of reasons over the couple of years we have been together. Right before he proposed to me last winter, we had been apart for 6 months due to military training. 2 1/2 of those months had no communication allowed whatsoever aside from handwritten letters. This year, we have been apart for 4 months of our marriage.

J was fishing on my Dad's boat off the coast of Oregon and California for the past 2 months trying to earn some money for a down payment on a house. I was not expecting him home for at LEAST another week. But my father, with the sucker of a heart he has for the happiness of his daughters, drove down to Newport, Oregon, a 6 hour drive one way, to pick up my hubby and bring him home early to suprise me.

My parents had me fooled into thinking that I was going to go to dinner with them at Fred's Alehouse before watching the Glacier Peak homecoming football game last night. I was irritated all day after waking up late for work and staying over an hour and a half after close to help with a final patient that had been scheduled wrong. I love my job but 10 hours there a day is more than enough and I was beyond pissed off by the time I got to Fred's. Little did I know that that anger would all melt away in less than a minute.

My sneaky man was sitting at the far end of the bar like a creeper waiting for me to join my family at a nearby table.



Not suspicious at all to nearby bar patrons.


asking if the empty seat next to me is taken.


"What the h***"

Notice my fathers face?




Beyond happy my other half is home to me again.



I can handle my husband being gone. It's hard but its doable because I love him that much. But I would rather be in his arms every day either way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS