Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Empty Apartments and Empty Beds

As some may know my dear husband has been gone for most of our married life for a combination of reasons, including work and the military!

This means I am very alone, save for two needy puppies to take care of.

I make dinner for myself. Sit on my couch and read or watch tv by myself. I brush my teeth by myself and fall asleep by myself.

I am alone. More so now that I am married then when I was single.

I will not lie. It sucks. It sucks more than anything in the world to be separated from the one you love. But it has made us stronger.

It forces us to use our words and communicate everything to one another. Otherwise, distance between us will grow and not just in the physical.

I am thankful for a trial such as this because it means Heavenly Father is forging our love for one another and our commitment to our marriage. I am thankful. Despite the fact it sucks :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS