Sunday, April 14, 2013

One Year

Happy first anniversary to the hubs and I!

We officially beat out a depressing number of couples, particularly celebrity, who are unable to work out a marriage long enough to make it to celebrate a year.

We must be doing something right already.

One year ago on this date, in Snohomish, I donned my white wedding dress and prepared myself for the day that every little girl dreams of. We spend 5 months planning earnestly and the day finally arrived.

I did not know what I was supposed to feel. I knew happiness but I did not know if I would cry or laugh or simply stand in awe of the huge commitment I was making to one person. A commitment that was supposed to be given our all until we are reunited after death. It was a terrifying thought for most people.

But I never once wondered if I was making a mistake. I never thought about missing out on anything because I married young. I never questioned the direction  my life ultimately led, to the wedding alter at 20.

Our family and friends from all reaches of the US gathered on that beautiful and sunny day to witness this choice, this stand for fidelity and young love in a society that tells you divorce is okay and no one in their right mind would marry before 30.

We must have been absolutely insane. But I don't regret even a moment of it. If anything, I would have married him sooner. He is the most amazing of men and I know from the depths of my being that he was formed to fit me, and I to him.

We argue, we butt heads and get on each other's nerves. We have financial issues, career issues, decorating issues and issues of the heart.

Marriage is ridiculously hard work and anyone who tells you otherwise is a huge, fat liar with no freaking idea what they are rambling about. But, marriage is also not terrible, constricting or impossibly difficult. It is in the middle.

We rushed things. We went far quicker than most people would ever recommend two young adults to move. For most people I would probably still count as a child. But I saw was a healthy happy marriage was, all my life, and I knew that now was the time.

One year. 365 days. Most of which spent long distances apart. And I would not trade it for the world.

For I have found the one whom my soul loves. I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine.

And they lived happily ever after.





































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS