Monday, June 3, 2013

Summer Days

The weather finally seems to be taking a turn for the warmer. Thank the good Lord that we are finally  moving out of the dark cold of winter/spring and welcoming the sun with open arms!

Unfortunately, summer does not mean every day is warm as we learned this past Memorial Day weekend. The Hub's family has property in a popular vacation spot in Eastern Washington just above Lake Chelan. It is a gorgeous, clear lake surrounded by rolling hills and wineries. It's packed during the summer with people that love sun, water and lots of alcohol.

Anyway, we packed up our tent, some old clothes, hard lemonade and headed out for the 4 1/2 hour drive and staked a claim on their land before anyone else showed for the weekend.

This is my tent.


I say My tent because I bought it on my own before I met my husband and I spent a whopping $140 at Costco for it. I bought it for a church camping trip in Orondo which is situated at the mouth of a wind tunnel. I was beyond proud of my tent on that trip because mine was the only was the only one which stood tall during a windstorm that knocked everyone else's tent to the ground.

So since then, I have been strangely attached to my Coleman Weathermaster. I set it up on my own and take it down on my own.

My sister-in-law made fun of my for also packing an air mattress with matching sheet and comforter set. What can I say, I am kind of a mini-Glamper!

Our weekend started off with partly cloudy weather and gradually remained mild at best with some rain spurts here and there.

The only real negative happened on our first night when we came to the conclusion that it was absolutely FREEZING. We huddled with our cold sensitive puppies in between us under at least 6 blankets but still managed to be severely uncomfortable the rest of the night.

Luckily, my wonderful in-laws had a portable heater which we brought an extension cord for to keep us in a comfortable temperature for the rest of the trip.

We got incredibly dirty, ate lots of great food, chopped wood, built a bunkhouse, played phase ten and went wine tasting. So pretty much an amazing weekend was had.
















And yes, Jew and I lovingly groomed my father-in-law. She was a tad bit overdramatic thought.








































Here is praying for a little bit more sunshine though for the rest of the summer months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS