Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Change of Direction

Sooooo, unfortunate news awaited me once I turned on my phone in the Fort Lauderdale airport after our trip. It seems that due to extenuating circumstances, the position at the dental office I was hired for is no longer available. Other details were included but it is not my desire to share them here.

Long story short, I am now jobless once again.

I have never had as much difficulty finding a job as I have since we moved here. The demand is simply not the same as back home. It is understandable though considering CDA is a small city and I am not the only qualified dental assistant searching for employment. But it is an incredibly difficult fact to swallow.

And as much as I would love to be a domestic diva and keeper of the home, preparing to be a stay at home mommy someday and rock a fifties dress and pearls while I bake pies and vacuum, our pocketbooks won't allow that luxury just yet.


I am in a difficult period of life, with no employment, my husband away for long periods of time and our finances strained because of it. So changes might happen though nothing is yet set in stone.

For now, I am trying to trust Heavenly Father in his divine plan and will for us in all things. Even if I am unable to see why a certain direction was taken or a circumstance made. But I need to trust. I trust my husband to provide and I trust the Lord to lead us and open doors for us and close them as well.

For now, I have accepted this sad change and hope to have good news to share in the near future. Whatever it may be.


"And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." Matthew 6:28-33


"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
John 16:33

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Matthew 6:33

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS