Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hermit.

I have developed a new appreciation for people who live on their own. In their own houses, by themselves.

How the freaking heck do they do it!?

I have a four bedroom home I share with two dogs, both of which easily fit in my lap at the same time. It's a house meant for a family, not just me.

I love my husband, more than anything in the world. And I appreciate him for the sacrifices he is making now to make our dreams a reality.

For anyone unfamiliar with our situation, I will brief it out for you. Justin took a job with Timberline Drilling Company based out of Coeur d'Alene. However, it is a company that works wherever someone hires them. And in this case, that hire would be in a tiny little town in Nevada called Elko. Google map it, or wikipedia it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elko,_Nevada

Its a population of 18,000 people who generally come from Basque. That would be in Europe, thank you very much.

I have never been there so I cannot describe it, and I probably will never visit it. But from what my darling husband has said, it's not amazingly interesting.

Anywho, he is on a super fun schedule of 2 weeks working straight and 1 week home. So I am on my own 3 out of the 4 weeks in every month.

I never really imagined my marriage to be like this. I don't think anyone truly does. But it takes a lot more strength than most people have. But they always say you do what you have to do.

And for now I have to do this.

I have filled my days with Pinterest, the Kroc center (like the YMCA) and praying for a job opening at the dental office I want to work at.

I met the doctor and staff yesterday and it seemed to go well but now I just want a call in to show my skills and hopefully earn a seat amongst his staff. Cross your fingers.

I'll need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS