Sunday, December 23, 2012

Tis the Season...

So this particular holiday season has been unlike any other that I have experienced before. It has been busier, more stressful and a little less cheerful than any before.

We are living in an apartment filled with boxes, balancing the new joys of closing on a home within the end of the year and spending time with our families for the holidays with a whole slew of stress that follows with it.

I am not allowed to talk about the house much because we don't have the keys so we technically are not homeowners yet. So instead of jinxing it, I will simply say that I hope to ring in the new year in our own home soon.

We have spent so much money on presents and the new house that I cant help but feel a tiny sword prick my hear whenever I have to take out my debit card for yet another purchase. We aren't broke but it hurts!

I have had a few bad days since I quit my job which I wont discuss because I like my privacy in that sense but it definitely hasn't helped my strain levels. That and the fact that every little thing makes me want to burst into tears for no reason. Its been an emotional train ride as we finally climb the last crest to the final drop in our new step into adulthood.

I am so thankful for my family and my close friends who are with us each step of the way on this strange, hard new journey.

It's weird to think that I am 21, married, buying a home and expecting to start a family soon. Inside I still feel like a 15 year old girl terrified of boys and I cannot even fathom where I will be in 6 years. Lets say it was never where I ended up today. But I wouldn't have it any other way.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS